Readings: II Chronicles 20:1-30
2Co 3:17 And the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
If you can bring down Heaven through quality praise and worship, your oppressors will surrender to you. Your oppressor will be at your mercy from today because the tide has turned in Jesus’ Name.
Worship is different from prayer and praise.
· "Lord save my soul" is prayer;
· "Lord, thank you for saving my soul" is praise;
· "Thank you, Lord, for what Thou art" is worship.
The first mention of worship in the Bible is in Gen. 22:5, Abraham says to the men, "I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you."
Matt. 2:2,11, the wise men came to worship the newborn King, Jesus Christ.
Matt. 4:10, Jesus quotes the commandment, "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God."
John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."
The word "worship" like "grace" and "love" is indefinable.
· It means to do reverence or homage to a superior being. Man ought to worship God.
"The overflow of a grateful heart, under a sense of Divine favour." Psa. 23:5.
"The outpouring of a soul at rest in the presence of God." Song 2:3,4.
· "Worship is the upspring of a heart that has known the Father as a Giver, the Son as a
Saviour, and the Holy Spirit as the indwelling Spirit or helper"
· "Worship is the occupation of the heart, not with its needs, or even with its blessings, but with God Himself." II Sam. 7:18-22.
· Dictionary: To bestow approval upon; to honour; to worship; to glorify; commendation.
· The Hebrew word "Yadah" means, "To stretch out the hand," and is translated "praise." That is, to hold out the hands in reverence, to open the hands and let go of everything, just stand and praise God open-handedly.
· Our problem is to let go of things, to let go of our problems and service and give ourselves to praising the Lord.
· We only praise something that we honour and prize highly. If we hold the Lord in the highest state of respect and admiration it will be easy to praise Him.
4. II Chro. 20:1-30
2Ch 20:1 It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2Ch 20:2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
2Ch 20:3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2Ch 20:4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
· Five Plus Countries came against Jehoshaphat in a battle
· People came from among them to tell Jehoshaphat
· The told him about where they are and how prepared they are.
· There comes a great multitude
v Action of the people of God
· Jehoshaphat feared
· Set himself to seek the LORD ***wo a wo b3 hyehy3 Nyame ***
· He proclaimed a fast
· Ask for God’s help *** oh God our Help in ages past***
2Ch 20:14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
2Ch 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
· The Spirit of God descended in the mist of His people
· God Spoke through His Prophet
· He encouraged, exhorted and comforted them
“Be not be afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.”
v God Instructed them
2Ch 20:16 Tomorrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
2Ch 20:17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
· Go down Against them
· You shall not need to fight
· Set yourselves (position yourself agaist ….)
· Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord (Complete cessation of movement)
· The Lord will be with you. (when you accept that you can do nothing the Lord will save You)
2Ch 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever.
· Jehoshaphat agreed with people
· Appointed singers unto the LORD
· To praise the beauty of holiness - Quality
· The singer went before the army singing
Praise the LORD;
For His mercy endures forever
v Result when the Spirit moved
2Ch 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
· The Lord set ambushments against the enemies
· They were smitten (overcome)
· They fought themselves
Let us position ourselves well and worship him in truth and spirit to stir up the Holy Spirit in our lives in 2017. When the Spirit of God moves our enemies will be destroyed.